Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Steps

Twirling around on the grass
And embracing today's gift of life.
Feeling the warmth of her big bright sun-rays, kiss the skin on your palms.
Raising those big innocent eyes and staring blankly into the chilling clouds, into space.
S p a c e .
Why are we here? No wait, why are you here?
We're placed on earth to do what, work and slave over things that we think will make us happy?
Our human race spend days, years, a lifetime, working at things that build to sadness.
Life is rad.
And a lot of consideration should be taken as to how you go about living your days.

What do you do to make yourself happy? I don't mean Friday payday, or hitting Urban Outfitters on your way home from work, or fantasizing about how you want to look. What I mean is, what are the things that bring a smirk to your lips by just one thought? Take a moment to reevaluate your own life and really question yourself.
Your strongest debater is your self, your being, your mind.
And by now, I hope you would know that the act of being happy is entirely in your hands.

Over these pass few months I've truly found my passion, my happiness. Yoga.
Not only does one practice yoga, but one also lives yoga. You can't live zumba, or crossfit or any other physical training, but with yoga you can.
Yoga is so much more to me than just a series of repeated poses. Okay, so maybe I also find the positions I can get my body to climb into enticing and just so rad, but there's more to that.
It is also a spiritual journey within myself that is beginning to transform me into something quite unexplainable. When I say "transform", I not only mean physically, but mentally. My whole thoughts on life have changed tremendously. I am certain that this is where I'm supposed to be and what I am destined to do. I strongly encourage everyone to give it a try.

Link your sweet, precious breaths to your own movements and feel that powerful surge of calmness and serenity, beam through your limbs.
Sound interesting?

It is my greatest hope that you too find something just as exhilarating.

Now for some grub.
What did I have for breakfast this morning? Wouldn't you like to know...
Delicious vanilla soy yogurt topped with fresh berries, hemp and chia seeds, and raw, local honey lightly drizzled on top (with a tiny mason jar filled of fresh squeezed oj).

And, like I always do, threw back some homemade trail mix consisting of nuts, seeds and berries throughout the day.

For lunch I had a kale salad with a scoop of tunafish, chopped tomatoes and onions, and olives.

Quinoa stir-fry, my favorite, for dinner. My boyfriend makes it the best; mixed with roasted red peppers, onions, mushrooms and all around yummy spices and flavors. I'm incredibly lucky.

As I end this blog I just want to leave you with one simple phrase...
Don't live for your life, make your life live for you.
And, as one great yogi said to me before, "Don't serve the poses, have the poses serve you."
Namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment